4 small filet mignon steaks
3 tablespoons peanut oil
10 medium-sized sliced button mushrooms
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
½ peeled and small diced shallot
3 finely minced cloves of garlic
1 ½ cups beef stock
⅓ cup heavy cream
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
2 teaspoons Dijon sauce
2 tablespoons finely minced fresh parsley
1½ teaspoons lemon juice
sliced green onions or chives for garnish
- Season steaks with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil until smoking in a large sauté pan.
- Sear the steaks for 2 minutes on one side and then flip and sear for 1 more minute on the other side. (You will continue cooking them with the sauce later.) Remove the steaks and set them aside.
- In the same hot pan add in the mushrooms and sauté for 6-8 minutes over high heat until well browned.
- Push the mushrooms to one side of the pan and on the other side of the pan sauté the shallots and garlic in the butter for 1 to 2 minutes or until fragrant.
- Mix everything together and add beef stock cooking over medium heat until the liquid is reduced by half.
- Finish by pouring in the cream, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard, parsley, and lemon juice and stir until combined.
- Place the beef back in the pan and cook over low to medium heat for 1 to 2 minutes until the beef is warmed.
- Garnish with sliced green onions fresh chives.
Serve with buttered Egg Noodles