dutch oven baked bread
1½ cups lukewarm water
½ tablespoon yeast
2¼ teaspoons kosher salt
3¼ cups all-purpose flour
- Warm the water slightly about 100°F.
- Add yeast and salt to the water in a large bowl.
- Add all of the flour at once, measuring it in with dry-ingredient measuring cups.
- Mix with a Danish dough whisk until the mixture is uniformly moist, without dry patches. Dough will be wet.
- Cover loosely with plastic wrap. Allow the mixture to rise at room temperature until it begins to collapse (or at least flattens on the top), about 2 hours
- Bake at this point or refrigerate, covered, for as long as two weeks.
- When ready to bake, sprinkle a little flour on dough. Turn dough in hands to lightly stretch surface to create a rounded top – it will have a lumpy bottom. Place on parchment paper and let rest 40 minutes.
- Preheat the oven with the Dutch oven to 450° for 30 minutes.
- Put the dough in the Dutch oven, cover, and bake for 30 minute.
- Remove the lid and bake for 10 more minutes.
Cool and eat!