chili relleno casserole
1 20 ounce can Ortega whole green chiles
1/2 pound grated jack or cheddar cheese, grated
1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
½ cup all-purpose flour
1 large can evaporated milk (12 ounces)
4 tablespoons flour
salt & black pepper
Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- Spray a 9×13 inch baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Wash and seed chilies
- Put half of the chiles in the bottom of the baking dish. Sprinkle chiles with half of the grated jack and cheddar cheeses. Repeat.
- Beat eggs, flour, and milk together. Pour egg mixture over the casserole.
- Preheat oven to 350° oven
- Bake for 45 minutes, until golden brown on top.