2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1” strips
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons olive oil (or more)
1 cup chopped onion
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
¼ cup curry powder
2 cups chicken broth
2 tablespoons mango chutney (serve the rest as a condiment with dinner)
1 cup crème fraiche
4 cups cooked rice (for serving)
2 peeled carrots, diced
3 diced plum tomatoes
¼ cup chopped cilantro leaves for garnish
½ cup golden raisins for garnish
- Coat chicken in flour
- Heat olive oil
- Add chicken strips and cook about 5 min until cooked through (might take 2 batches) Remove chicken from pan
- In same pan heat 1 tablespoon more oil and add onion, garlic, & ginger. Cook stirring often until golden, about 5-7 minutes.
- Sprinkle with curry powder and cook stirring, one minute more
- Add chicken both and simmer 8-10 minutes to reduce and thicken.
- Stir in chutney and crème fraiche and simmer 5 minutes to thicken. Do not boil.