chicken with mushrooms
1½ pounds boneless chicken thighs, pounded ¼-inch thick
Salt and ground black pepper
2 cups thinly sliced mushroom
3 tablespoons lemon juice
⅓ cup chicken broth
4 tablespoons butter
salt and pepper to taste
¼ cup white wine
1 tablespoon butter
⅓ cup chopped parsley
- Trim thighs, cover with plastic wrap and pound each piece ¼-inch thick. Salt and pepper and dredge with flour.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Cover and simmer 5 minutes.
- Uncover and cook over high heat, until mushrooms brown. Add broth and then transfer to a small bowl, scraping pan well.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in pan over high heat. Cooking in batches, brown chicken pieces in pan. Cook until edges begin to turn white and bottom is lightly browned, 2 to 4 minutes. Turn over and cook until no longer pink in the center. Once cooked chicken as cooked, put on platter and keep warm in oven.
- Return mushrooms into now empty pan and add ¼ cup parsley. Stir in wine, scraping to release brown bits. Immediately add remaining 2 tablespoons butter. Drain juice from cooked chicken into pan and bring to boil.
- Pour over chicken and sprinkle with remaining parsley.
Serve with rice and asparagus.