4 to 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon kosher salt
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 extra-large eggs
1 tablespoon water
1¼ cups panko bread crumbs
½ cup or more freshly grated Parmesan
- Using a meat mallet, pound the chicken breasts until they are ¼-inch thick or use chicken cutlets.
- Combine the flour, salt, and pepper on a pie pan or large plate.
- In a second pie pan, beat the eggs with 1 tablespoon of water.
- In a third pie pan, combine the bread crumbs and grated Parmesan.
- Coat the chicken breasts on both sides with the flour mixture, then dip both sides into the egg mixture and dredge both sides in the bread-crumb mixture, pressing lightly.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of butter and 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large sauté pan and cook 2 or 3 chicken breasts on medium-low heat for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, until cooked through. Add more butter and oil and cook the rest of the chicken breasts.