1 medium head green cabbage, finely sliced
¼ to ½ sweet onion, finely chopped
1 large carrot, peeled and grated
¼ cup chopped fresh parsley leaves (optional)
2-3 radishes sliced thin (optional)
⅛ cup Morton’s coarse kosher salt
½ cup mayonnaise
⅓ cup sugar
¼ cup milk
¼ cup buttermilk
2½ tablespoons lemon juice
1½ tablespoons vinegar
⅛ teaspoon black pepper
¼ tsp celery seed
- In a food processor or by hand, finely chop cabbage and carrot.
- Add with chopped onion, parsley, and radish slices in a large bowl.
- Sprinkle with ⅛ cup salt and toss to combine. Let rest five minutes, then rinse thoroughly under cold running water.
- Transfer slaw mix to a salad spinner and spin dry. Return to large bowl and set aside.
- Combine liquid ingredients in a separate bowl until well mixed.
- Pour over cabbage and carrot mixture mixing well.
- Cover and refrigerate at least overnight to let flavors meld and come together.