Pan- Seared Halibut with Green Beans
1 garlic clove
4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
Salt and pepper
¾ pounds green beans
¼ teaspoon sugar
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
¼ cup all-purpose flour
2 (6 ounce) skinless halibut, 1 to 1½ inches thick
¼ cup dry white wine
- Adjust oven rack to lowest position and heat oven to 475 degrees.
- Trim green beans. Toss sugar, ½ tablespoon oil, green beans, ¼ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper together on rimmed baking sheet. Cover sheet tightly with aluminum foil and roast for 10 minutes.
- Remove foil from green beans, stir, and continue to roast 12 minutes longer.
- Transfer green beans to bowl with dressing, add 1 tablespoon chopped basil, and toss to combine. Transfer to serving platter and tent with foil to keep warm.
- Mince garlic. Grate 1 teaspoon lemon zest and squeeze 1 tablespoon juice.
- Combine 1½ tablespoons oil, garlic, and ½ teaspoon lemon zest in large bowl and microwave until bubbling, about 1 minute.
- Whisk mustard ½ tablespoon lemon juice, ¼ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper into garlic mixture; set aside.
- Mince shallot, chop ¼ cup basil, and slice butter into 4 pieces.
- Place flour in shallow dish. Pat halibut dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper. Dredge fillets lightly with flour.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat until just smoking. Place halibut in skillet and cook until fish is flakes apart and registers 140 degrees, 4 to 6 minutes per side. Transfer to serving plate and tent with foil.
- Add remaining oil, shallot, and ¼ teaspoon salt to now-empty skillet. Cook over medium heat until softened, about 1 minute.
- Add wine, remaining ½ teaspoon lemon zest, and remaining ½ tablespoon lemon juice and simmer until reduced by half, about 2 minutes. Off heat, whisk in butter and 1 tablespoon basil. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and pour over halibut.